Thursday, November 8, 2012

To run or not to run???



 




What to do... what to do???


I'm pondering doing a marathon this weekend in Ft. Worth, TX. 





I know it's pretty soon after my 50 miler, but I have my reasons.  They are listed below for your consideration:
  1. I want to become a Marathon Maniac
OK- I guess there's only 1 reason I want to run the marathon this weekend.  If I do 2 marathons within 16 days I qualify to become a Marathon Maniac.  Why would I want to do this?  Who the hell knows?  Why do I want to do most things I do??  There's no explaining it.  I guess it makes me part of an exclusive club of a few who have done something so cuckoo and crazy. 
It makes perfect sense to me.  Maybe ONLY me, but I'm the only one who really matters anyway.  Right? 

So I'm on the fence. Today is Thursday.  The race is Sunday.  I need to make my decision by tomorrow. 
I mean, I've run 6 miles in the last 2 weeks.  I'm ready.  It's just 4 times that far.  I only have to average 16 min/miles to finish in 7 hours (the cutoff).  That's not hard at all.  I can walk that.

I don't know what to do...

but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be driving down to Ft. Worth on Saturday...  

No comments:

Post a Comment