Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hey it's good to be back home again...

"Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend, yes, hey it's good to be back home again. "

Don't ask why, but this song was in heavy rotation on my run this morning.  And no I didn't have my iPod with me.  It was just floating around in my head during my run.  I couldn't stop it.  I tried. 
But you know what- I admit it. I like John Denver.  I'm not sure what that makes me (super-white? a hippy?  sympathetic to pot smokers? Rocky Mountain lover?). 
No matter, I freely admit that I have JD on my iPod.  I have this particular song on my iPod.  For 6 miles it floated in and out of my head.
Sometimes you just have to go with it...but I guess it's appropriate. 
These trails are like home.  They are the closest to my house and the ones I always go to.  I spend more time here than just about anywhere else. 
"There's a storm across the valley, clouds are rolling in, the afternoon is heavy on your shoulders."
"Oh, the time that I can lay this tired old body down, and feel your fingers feather soft upon me."
" It's the sweetest thing I know of, just spending time with you. It's the little things that make a house a home."


Recovery is coming along.  Everything felt pretty good out there today and after about 1:10, it all felt just fine and I was sailing along. 
Love my trails.  Love being outside.  Love feeling "at home."

No comments:

Post a Comment